Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
BeO2 New Updates!
06-04-2016, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 02:33 AM by Sir Smashalot.)
RE: BeO2 New Updates!
Aw yessss, love me some animal shells! These are great I'll probably use my remaining credits to buy at least 2 shells, lovely little update disappointed there's no pack though.

[Image: 2cq0inq.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
06-04-2016, 03:37 AM
(06-04-2016 02:32 AM)Sir Smashalot Wrote:  Aw yessss, love me some animal shells! These are great I'll probably use my remaining credits to buy at least 2 shells, lovely little update disappointed there's no pack though.
Maybe next time?

06-04-2016, 04:03 AM
I waited so many days for an update, no packs maps or nothing, just a few shells. Well it's love for the game nevertheless.

[Image: udpoal868c4.gif]
[Image: lsvmlm8.png]
[Image: Zhp0OLw.jpg]
It's not that I fear in my own self-confidence, it's that the others fear in it.
[Image: ulapdo6b724.gif]
06-04-2016, 06:34 AM
At least I waited out buying the fruit pack so I at least got to buy that for now. I'm glad that the Walrus shell is back though, that was one of my favorites in Beo1.

[Image: 2cq0inq.jpg]
06-04-2016, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 06:43 AM by Vakson.)
Well i think Rob and John lost a lot money/time on party games and portals ,which didnt turn good at the end.

06-04-2016, 07:13 AM
Thnx Rob and John for fixing the ios connection issue!! Smiley_Smile

[Image: uc1e7bw.gif]
06-04-2016, 07:21 AM
(06-04-2016 06:36 AM)Don Vito Corleone Wrote:  Well i think Rob and John lost a lot money/time on party games and portals ,which didnt turn good at the end.
Yea I think so too and I wish they added more packs instead of shells

06-04-2016, 12:26 PM
As games like this go, you don't want too many packs anyways. People always want character customizations, hence the large number of shells in both BEO1 & 2. With packs, if you go beyond, let's say, 10 weapons packs, then you've got a few problems.

The first thing you run into is a lack of ideas. You can recycle the ideas and packs from BEO1, sure, but everyone wants 100% new content AND the fan favorites. That means that you've only got 2 "old" ideas and you need to come up with 8 more. Yes you can use the player-created ideas, but that's where problem number 2 comes.

After you get the ideas, the next thing you have to consider is game balance. Many packs that have been suggested have also been rejected for the same reason. The concept was good, but the weapons were too powerful to be added OR there were too many similar weapons already in the game. At one point, someone had suggested a ninja throwing star that did 18 damage, no different than the throwing knife at all. Then it was changed to only travel in a straight line, meaning it was a weaker sniper rifle.

The last problem would be too many choices. If you have 10 packs, that's already 500 credits that people would need to purchase (not including pro). People will only get "the best" ones and leave the others, which results in even more wasted resources by creating those other packs. And if you DID decide to include a tremendously overpowered pack, then you end up turning your free-to-play into a pay-to-win where you lose potential customers and long-time players, alike.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
06-05-2016, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 01:43 AM by BadNilla.)
Also, with the mobile apps, every change has to be coded 3 times, I think - once for PC, once for iOS, and once for Android - instead of just once, so updates require a lot more coding hours now; testing too!
06-05-2016, 10:36 AM
(06-05-2016 09:34 AM)ilikenoah Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 10:00 PM)[F†i™] Ftihochou Wrote:  What do u think about the new updates?

when I saw "update" i laughed so hard..

these have already been in the game, if u dont update the app all 3 of those eggs show on the lb.. if they weren't it would show up as the hard-boiled shell that guests use.

if it wasnt in the game in the last update, it would often be buggy and the shell wouldn't show in game on the updated version. there are tons of complaints about that lol

maybe they were still "working" on it? but these have been in the game at least since the last update which was in easter...

an update would be something new and challenging or unique or on the spot thinking, not something just sitting and waiting for retail. who knows how long those have been sitting there. just bc its hidden doesn't mean it's shiny and new...

js with what im seeing it should be every 2 weeks, no way it would take that long for something like this if before they released them at a faster rate.

not an update, but i guess u can call it an addition or a revealing of something ohh soo secret Smiley_Smile

Oh yeah that interesting i didn't noticed about that i bought the new shells from pc then i played with them on mobile in the old version i got a lot of reports they thought im a hacker when they saw me with the new shells.....bah

[Image: SgDUq8o.jpg]
[Image: iPMXkz6.jpg]
[Image: N1fKapM.png]
[Image: STvlnhq.png]