Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Nuevo clan prestige †Oz†
04-21-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: Nuevo clan prestige †Oz†
Well if everyone started making threads using their main language this forum would turn into really big mess.
Moderators wouldnt be able to use Google translator for every single sentence,we would need like 100 moderators who speak english + 1 more language.

This game is available worldwide just because Donkins want as much as possible active players who are ready to spend money on the game lol.

I remember like 1 year ago this game was full of people from saudi arabia (Ksa) who were speaking their language in game and it used to be very annoying since some of them used to call people "noops".

No offense guys but I still think that Donkins should choose English as
Official forum language so mods would be able to have good control over the forum.

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
04-21-2016, 12:10 PM
And that's exactly what the problem is here. Choosing a specific language as the "official" language for an online game is no different than racism, to a degree. Let me address each point individually and you should understand better.

Don Vito Corleone Wrote:Well if everyone started making threads using their main language this forum would turn into really big mess.
Moderators wouldnt be able to use Google translator for every single sentence,we would need like 100 moderators who speak english + 1 more language.

Wrong on so many levels. Moderation is as much player-lead as it is staff lead. I know people in the game and on the forums who can speak/understand anywhere from 2-5 languages. I myself know 3 with a fairly high level of fluency and have a basic understanding of several others (but am unable to use them). I'm not a moderator, yet I do help to moderate the forums, as do many others.

Don Vito Corleone Wrote:This game is available worldwide just because Donkins want as much as possible active players who are ready to spend money on the game lol.

Of course they want as many players as possible. Making games isn't free, so they'd like people to pay and play (not to be confused with "pay-2-play"), but there are developers who do it as a labor of love. Not to mention that there are other sources of income with anything on the internet. First is the direct payments, meaning the purchase of credits. But most importantly (and probably a bigger percentage of actual earnings) are the clicks. Many websites and games earn a small amount of cash per click/site visit. It isn't much, but if you have 10000 visits/clicks each day, then you could potentially earn $1000 (it depends on your rate of return as offered by the various hosting sites). The third way is advertisements, they are another "click to earn" thing, but these can be from anywhere or to anywhere. Hosting the ads means that you get paid by the other people just to put it in your game or on your website. If you get put on theirs, then you earn every time someone views the video or clicks the ad.

Don Vito Corleone Wrote:I remember like 1 year ago this game was full of people from saudi arabia (Ksa) who were speaking their language in game and it used to be very annoying since some of them used to call people "noops".

Their still around, some of them, but there are others who do the same thing (kami and eaglegirl have/can do it, just to name a couple people). The reason that they did it was for convenience, I personally have had in-game conversations in Chinese despite the lack of character support for other languages. For some people, it could be that the English we're using is the "annoyance". As for the "noop/noob" thing, don't you call people noobs? Joking or not, it could be taken as an insult, as you're suggesting with the "noop" reference, so you may want to think twice about using this as an argument to support your "English only" case.

Don Vito Corleone Wrote:No offense guys but I still think that Donkins should choose English as
Official forum language so mods would be able to have good control over the forum.

As I said in the beginning and with my first post. The game is international, the forums are international. Games like BEO are meant to bring people together, where as choosing an "official language" does nothing more than drive people apart. The forums are already well-controlled, despite your hint of suspected forum chaos. We don't need an official language for the forums or game, and if you insist that we do, then I insist that everyone reading this post use their native/best language (and again, because I know Chinese, I would start using that instead of my native English).

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
04-21-2016, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2016 05:53 PM by Vakson.)
Dont involve racism into this,That was just my opinion.
That what are they doing is racism,making clans and recruiting only spanish people.
(04-21-2016 12:10 PM)tenchi Wrote:  Wrong on so many levels. Moderation is as much player-lead as it is staff lead. I know people in the game and on the forums who can speak/understand anywhere from 2-5 languages. I myself know 3 with a fairly high level of fluency and have a basic understanding of several others (but am unable to use them). I'm not a moderator, yet I do help to moderate the forums, as do many others.
Actually you are wrong,if i started making threads using serbian, 100% of forum users would have no idea what am i posting.
If someone really wants to help moderators and make their job a bit easier he/she will make/post threads/replies using english.

(04-21-2016 12:10 PM)tenchi Wrote:  
Don Vito Corleone Wrote:I remember like 1 year ago this game was full of people from saudi arabia (Ksa) who were speaking their language in game and it used to be very annoying since some of them used to call people "noops".

Their still around, some of them, but there are others who do the same thing (kami and eaglegirl have/can do it, just to name a couple people). The reason that they did it was for convenience, I personally have had in-game conversations in Chinese despite the lack of character support for other languages. For some people, it could be that the English we're using is the "annoyance". As for the "noop/noob" thing, don't you call people noobs? Joking or not, it could be taken as an insult, as you're suggesting with the "noop" reference, so you may want to think twice about using this as an argument to support your "English only" case.

I know they are still around, and i have a lot of friends speaking arabian,but i dont call random people noobs/nubz/NOOPs i only call my friends like that because they know im joking lol.

(04-21-2016 12:10 PM)tenchi Wrote:  As I said in the beginning and with my first post. The game is international, the forums are international. Games like BEO are meant to bring people together, where as choosing an "official language" does nothing more than drive people apart. The forums are already well-controlled, despite your hint of suspected forum chaos. We don't need an official language for the forums or game, and if you insist that we do, then I insist that everyone reading this post use their native/best language (and again, because I know Chinese, I would start using that instead of my native English).

Sta ces sad? eee moj tenchi...Jos sam ti olaksao i pisao latinicom a ne cirlicom.
No way that google translator can translate that correctly.