Poll: How do you feel about this being implemented on forums?
Like This Idea?
Not Like This Idea?
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Privileged Editing.
04-04-2016, 04:06 AM
RE: Privileged Editing.
Here's the major problem with it. It's not about a post being edited at the same time (although that would pose a problem). The biggest issue is if a clan removes someone from their roster, but forgets to remove the edit privilege.

What this does is effectively create a troll on a clan thread. From there, it all goes down hill because there wouldn't be an extra copy for most clans. Once the main post is edited to being a bunch of memes and (possibly inappropriate) pictures, that's it. Then come the warnings, bans and general forum rage associated with breaking the rules and editing/posting of different things.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
04-04-2016, 04:58 AM
Now that you mention it tenchi, have to take into consideration that someone given permission to edit a post would abuse it. Delete everything and leave it blank, like if they get mad or rage.

That already happens to people who share account information. I've heard stories bout people's entire friends list gets deleted

04-04-2016, 07:49 AM
But this goes for your own decision. And I'm pretty sure you would only give to people you really trust. If you have a trust issue or feel like they would do something then its really up to you if you want them to be added to edit post or not.

[Image: space_bam.jpg]
04-04-2016, 03:02 PM
There's been people we've trusted who've done the exact same thing I mentioned...that's why EoD has had 3 different chats. People earn trust, then betray that trust and completely mess everything up for everyone else. (*cough*scifen*cough*)

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
04-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Funny enough when I read that I actually started coughing. Dang it tenchi!
#mindcontrol

04-04-2016, 08:29 PM
(04-04-2016 03:02 PM)tenchi Wrote:  There's been people we've trusted who've done the exact same thing I mentioned...that's why EoD has had 3 different chats. People earn trust, then betray that trust and completely mess everything up for everyone else. (*cough*scifen*cough*)

lol, back when I was in MVP with s9b1 in 2013, luckily back in 2015 I got to apologize for what I did.

[Image: udpoal868c4.gif]
[Image: lsvmlm8.png]
[Image: Zhp0OLw.jpg]
It's not that I fear in my own self-confidence, it's that the others fear in it.
[Image: ulapdo6b724.gif]
04-05-2016, 06:35 AM
Fully Supported, I guy named Elite Beast made our clan thread, but suddenly I knew that he has deleted it , despite being only a co-leader, and joined another clan changing his name to xxBlackFangxx , this should be implemented.

[Image: oadulp8d98b.png]