Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
Smash's Suggestions Thread
08-25-2015, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 11:40 AM by Sir Smashalot.)
RE: Smash's Suggestions Thread
@laser

I was thinking of the same thing when updating my post, I almost included the idea too, like the layout when selecting a stage in Smash Bros. right? The maps would probably appear small on the screen though, maybe have an extra page of the maps.

@Macab

Referring to your first reply, the main point if the suggestion is so that you DON'T have to click a bunch of times. I get your point, but the reason for it being fast is to keep up with the speed you would normally have while clicking, but without doing it. Clicking is fast sure, but it gets really repetitive and tiring to me. Maybe it's just me.

And I like the idea of map stats a lot. It reminds me of my idea of showing how many kills you have achieved with a weapon. Small things like these would really be nice to be included.

Quote:I was going to suggest when I had a touch screen since it takes forever to change the maps because you can't click fast because the screen zooms in when you do that

That's strange, my phone never does that when I play games unless it's something like angry birds.

[Image: 2cq0inq.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
08-28-2015, 02:09 AM
if you're going to have a limited number of jumps, why not have a set number of jumps per game a person can jump. Like 15 or something.

Piling (as dastardly as it is, yes i don't like it either) is still a part of strategy. Back in my early days of beo1 when i used to play with my girlfriend(s) we would instantly target whomever had prestige and/or weapon packs first. Course i was a noob then with no packs, even still it is strategy.

Instead of having your fast map selection why not just have a window pop up with all of the maps just like your weapons do. That would solve the issue, 2-clicks to get to your favorite map.

08-28-2015, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2015 02:32 AM by Sir Smashalot.)
(08-28-2015 02:09 AM)Vexis Wrote:  if you're going to have a limited number of jumps, why not have a set number of jumps per game a person can jump. Like 15 or something.

Piling (as dastardly as it is, yes i don't like it either) is still a part of strategy. Back in my early days of beo1 when i used to play with my girlfriend(s) we would instantly target whomever had prestige and/or weapon packs first. Course i was a noob then with no packs, even still it is strategy.

Instead of having your fast map selection why not just have a window pop up with all of the maps just like your weapons do. That would solve the issue, 2-clicks to get to your favorite map.

I don't see a big difference how you number the jumps, but your idea works too, but of course some one could always save jumps for when they can get a chance to move really close to you. That's probably why I wanted to limit it to a few jumps per turn.

Yeah piling is a helpful strategy at times (not hardcore piling on some one though). But it is often misused. That's why I'd want the feature to be an option to choose from.

If you were skimming through the thread me and laser has thought of the similar map idea. But having it as a weapon layout is interesting.

Thanks for the feeds.

[Image: 2cq0inq.jpg]