Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
Temperture mode
07-31-2015, 12:41 AM
Temperture mode
Now this is a idea I just had today.

It is called temperature mode.

Now this is how it will work,

A thermometer will be placed in the right corner on the screen. It will be ferenight, snowy maps will be cold and your egg will freeze, if its like a sand terrain, it will be hot, and you eggs will sweat and it will get tired. Likely, it will change at random times, once in every few turns.

Leave your feedback of the idea.
Find all posts by this user
07-31-2015, 01:54 AM
RE: Temperture mode
This isn't a good idea, just stating it simply here at the beginning. First, most people in the world use Celsius, not Fahrenheit. Secondly, you're incorporating the weapon effects into the maps themselves (especially the ice ones), which means that there's no point in having them in the game. Finally, there's no way that you can implement this as "randomly changing" because the maps are set for the duration of the match. If you change the "temperature", then you would effectively need to change the map in the middle of the game.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
Warn the author for this post
07-31-2015, 03:09 AM
hot = icy ground would melt

cold = icy ground would be harder to destroy

either way it'd make things more complicated.
08-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Omg Gen, this is a complete great idea, I totally agree with this. I wish Donkins read this and put it on the game.

(07-31-2015 01:54 AM)tenchi Wrote:  This isn't a good idea, just stating it simply here at the beginning. First, most people in the world use Celsius, not Fahrenheit. Secondly, you're incorporating the weapon effects into the maps themselves (especially the ice ones), which means that there's no point in having them in the game. Finally, there's no way that you can implement this as "randomly changing" because the maps are set for the duration of the match. If you change the "temperature", then you would effectively need to change the map in the middle of the game.

Well Tenchi i disagree with you, those reasons are not enough to eliminate the idea, first, people should learn celsius or fahrenheit, that's not hard to learn, it just takes minutes -.- it is 100 times more difficult how to play with wind and grav, so i dont see any problem with that... Second, it is a mode game, so just not allowed ice or fire weapons in the mode, it is like a roof in the game, no air weapons... And i didn't understand your third point.
08-05-2015, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 07:55 PM by tenchi.)
(08-05-2015 11:26 AM)Cranium Wrote:  first, people should learn celsius or fahrenheit, that's not hard to learn, it just takes minutes
People would know the temperature according to what is used locally, but saying "you must know this" automatically puts 1 or more groups of people at the disadvantage. For example, I'm used to (and learned) Fahrenheit (F), but if the game is in Celsius © then I'm completely lost. I, and players like me, would have to learn the conversion so that we have a point of reference for the thermometer that would be there.

(08-05-2015 11:26 AM)Cranium Wrote:  Second, it is a mode game, so just not allowed ice or fire weapons in the mode, it is like a roof in the game, no air weapons... And i didn't understand your third point.
While it is a game mode that is being suggested, we must all remember that the current settings will not give anyone an advantage or disadvantage over anyone else. The only advantage that exists is that we play some settings more than others. The temperature idea, as stated, would disadvantage those who don't know both F and C. By forcing people to learn what they don't know, not only do you cause this problem, but you remove the element of fun in just playing by requiring this extra knowledge.

As for my last point, I mentioned that because of this:
(07-31-2015 12:41 AM)[FTF] Gen. Goonday Wrote:  Now this is how it will work...*stuff in the middle*
Likely, it will change at random times, once in every few turns.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]