Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
Terrain suggestion
07-18-2015, 06:57 AM
RE: Terrain suggestion
Nice Tally, I really love the concept of your lava pools idea. Though I can some problems with it problems with it, but that's fine as finding out what is wrong will only improve your idea once you think of I way around it.

A lava gun could work as a replacement for this (just an example), you fire it like you would water from a hose, and it fills craters or small holes. And then it could go away after 3 turns. In 3vs3's I could imagine this being a bit too damaging if it were to take away %1 health after every second of a players turn, but then again it all depends on the time it takes them to fire. so the longer it takes the more punishing it can be. Not a bad thing really.

I know you didn't intend to make this a serious idea, but I really like it a lot.

[Image: 2cq0inq.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
07-18-2015, 07:04 AM
I appreciate your input! Smiley_Smile I like the idea of being able to create lava pools with a weapon. I think it'd be difficult to create a weapon like that without it being over-powered, but it's still an interesting idea!

[Image: jXtvKC8.png]
07-18-2015, 07:11 AM
I would really love a lave ground (terrain). But maybe like lave and if you jump in it, you lose like 5 HP per 1 turn when you are in the lava. The lave could be in the middle of the volcano terrain.
07-18-2015, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2015 09:17 AM by Sir Smashalot.)
(07-18-2015 07:04 AM)Tally Wrote:  I think it'd be difficult to create a weapon like that without it being over-powered, but it's still an interesting idea!

-2 HP every 5 seconds, or -1 HP every 3 seconds might be a little more fair. It is certainly possible to fine tune the weapon to make it fit the damage rate.

07-18-2015, 07:49 AM
I like both the dynamic you're suggesting for the ground and the ship design, very well done!
07-18-2015, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2015 08:28 PM by Tally.)
@Goonday: That could be problematic if somebody is dirt-bombed while they're standing in the lava, particularly on roulette mode when they may not be able to shoot their way out. If the lava only removed 1 HP per second during a player's turn, the amount of damage could be limited by the player skipping their turn if they're unable to move.

@Smashed: It certainly would be interesting. What would happen in the gun was fired on a flat map, though?

@Grim: Thank you!

This has actually gotten me thinking about different terrain types and their effects. I have a couple of ideas, which I'll add to my first post once I've drawn up some designs.

07-18-2015, 09:51 PM
(04-21-2015 04:54 PM)Tally Wrote:  @Smashed: It certainly would be interesting. What would happen in the gun was fired on a flat map, though?

Um, er.... it hardens in to rock(terrain)?

I can't really think of any good solutions at the moment, other than is just sticking to the terrain like glue, but then it wouldn't be as satisfying to use and it wouldn't take the shape of the terrain like it's supposed to...

I guess this is why we have poison and fire weapons? Ahah x)

07-19-2015, 12:25 AM
Actually, I like that idea! Even if this is all hypothetical. Smiley_BigGrin

New terrain added to the first post.

07-19-2015, 12:29 AM
Love the swamp terrain too Smiley_ThumbsUp. Maybe when jumping is on and you jump, your egg would sink in the swamp deeper and couldn't move at all. Only my idea...
07-19-2015, 03:13 AM
nice tally, keep it up.

Also quick question, the trees in the foreground, were they part of a brush set or did you draw them?